Kaizen is a Japanese term which means continuous improvement.
It is of great relevance to dental practice.
As dentists, much of our days are spent producing services, for example crowns or fillings.
It's very important that we are constantly striving to be more productive and also to raise quality. Kaizen is a process by which we can do that.
The process contains 5 steps:
- Standardize an operation or activity
- Measure the standardized operation
- Innovate to increase productivity or quality or both
- Standardize the new, improved operation
- Continue cycle ad infinitum
Over the coming months I will be talking a bit about Kaizen and its application.